In honour of the first time I’ll actually set foot on our block since it became ours, I’ve had the
lawn grass mown. So far, most of the house building planning has been in cyberspace. But I have an exciting and busy week or two coming up in real-life Western Australia.
Here’s the plan:
- Celebrate purchasing the block properly.
- Meet with preferred-builder’s rep, the lovely Rita. So far Rita has been wading through my lengthy emails trying to make sense of the changes we want to make to the standard house plan with great patience. She’s also been buttering me up with beautiful pictures and photos of our potential home and plenty of enthusiasm for our vision.
- Go like crazy around lots of display homes by our preferred builder and a few others to collect details of finishings, colours, tiles, etc. that I like. (This is hard to do online.)
- Meet with landscape designers.
- Get quotes for pools.
- Get quotes for air conditioners.
- I’m sure there will be a “7”, and possibly 8, 9 & 10. I’m just not sure what they are yet.
The next report will come to you from blue skies Mandurah, Western Australia.
P.S. I’ve packed my camera and measuring tape!