It seems to be the done thing to start writing lists at this stage of the build. I’ve been postponing my list writing for fear of what I might find. But here it is, out in the open, for all of you to tut about how it’s not possible to do all those things in just two weeks, before the builders shut down for a long break.
- Finish interior tiles: powder room,
splash back, laundry chute/bath surround.
- Exterior texture (nearly finished).
- Stacked stone feature (started).
- Render, waterproof, texture planter boxes and retaining walls (started).
- Paint walls (started).
- Install balustrade.
- Plumbing finals, installation sinks, taps, toilets.
- Electrical finals, install light fittings (started).
Phone/future link finals.
- Shower screens and mirrors.
- Robes (started).
- Door hardware.
Stacker doors, front door.
- Garage door.
- Install appliances (started).
- House clean.
I started the list last weekend, and although it seems like there has been plenty of activity at House By The Water, the list looks fairly unscathed.
As I am a “glass half full” kind of person, here is my list of items that were completed this week.
- Balustrade measured up and a new balustrade finish negotiated to avoid availability of product delays.
- Splash back tiled and grouted. Looking very lovely, if I do say so.
- Bathroom and ensuite tiles grouted.
- Powder room floor problem # 4 (some tiles in the series darker than the rest) resolved by creating a new pattern.
- Robe areas painted.
- Stacker doors installed.
- Appliances, sinks and toilets delivered. Ovens installed.
- Downlights, some pendant lights, smoke alarms and power outlets fitted.
- Robes started.
- Stacked stone progressed.
- Front door delivered.
All considered, I’m pronouncing it a good, productive week at House By The Water. Stay tuned for the big week of painting ahead.